The bogpiggie is the most poisonous critter in the known lands. At least I think it is.
It resembles a racoon with beaver teeth and porcupine quills, each tipped with a deadly poison that kills within hours.
Or at least the victim thinks so, and he or she is convinced he has hours left to live. He heard it somewhere. Maybe peepaw said it. Or the ranger who lives just south of the woods…
Anyone else with him, even a druid or ranger, will remember it differently and possibly know an antidote.
The bogpiggie is not poisonous, but has a natural and very specific aura of fear/confusion, which effects all who see it or encounter it (no save, not detectable as magic on the creature. dispell magic on victim works, though).
What other party members will recall (have them make INT checks for realism):
1- A special pink mushroom will cure it
2- It is a magic poison. Rubbing any magic potion on it will cure it.
3- It’s best to cut near the wound and suck out the venom (“I’m afraid yer gonna die, Tex.” comes to mind.)
4- Ogre spittle cures it.
5- It’s not poisonous. But it does carry lycanthropy.
6- The victim will turn to gold if he dies.
7- Singing will slow the poison.
8- The venom bestows magical powers.